one of my favourite breakfast dish - scones. fills up the house with sweet smelling scones, freshly baked from the oven on weekend morning. the feeling is simply beautiful!
this recipe is from Betty Crocker's Cookbook, with some alteration.
1.75 cups of self rising flour
3 tbsp sugar
1/3 cup firm butter/margerine
1 large egg, lightly beaten
0.5 cup raisins
4 to 6 spoons milk
1 tspn vanilla essence (i used buttervanilla essence instead, as i ran out of vanilla essence that day)
additional milk for glazing
1. heat oven to 200deg celcius
2. mix flour and sugar in a large bowl.
3. cut in butter and mix with flour and sugar till it looks like fine crumbs.
4. stir in egg, current and just enough milk so the dough leaves side of the bowl.
5. drop dough to desired size on ungreased baking sheet.
6. brush with milk
7. bake 15 - 20 mins (or till golden, depending on oven). immediately remove from baking sheet.
8. serve warm with butter and strawberry jam.
ps ~ i had tried putting in orange rind in the batter, and it definitely tasted much butter! give it a go, and u'll impress your loved ones with this simple, basic recipe.
35 weeks pregger - This week marks my 35th weeks of pregnancy. It has been the toughest so far, mentally and physically. I guess, age is catching up, and body has actually st...
4 weeks ago