i was craving and dreaming of warm, freshly baked butter cake, that i decided to search on the net and give it a go. :) found a simple recipe in chef mamafami's blog, and i made mine, with as usual, alterations.
250g butter (i used buttercup)
220g self raising flour (i used 200g)
220g castor sugar (i used 200g)
50ml fresh milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. line a baking pan wth a baking paper and set aside.
2. cream butter and sugar till fluffy.
3. add in one egg at a time, and continue mixing.
4. add in flour bits at a time, alternately with milk and continue mixing.
5. add in vanilla essence. sprinkle almond flakes on top of the batter.
6. bake in a preheated oven @ 180deg for 45 minutes.
this is so yummy! this recipe is definitely for keep!
ps - i set aside enough batter for few batch of cupcakes before i add in the vanilla. i ventured out by having it with additional teaspoon of baking powder (for a lighter cake), pandan essence and lemon, mixed with choc chips and almond flakes. taste so delicious!
35 weeks pregger - This week marks my 35th weeks of pregnancy. It has been the toughest so far, mentally and physically. I guess, age is catching up, and body has actually st...
2 days ago