Sunday, August 9, 2009

:: Firecracker Fish - Chili's Kinda ::


I went for a lunch with my ‘lunch groupie’ on Friday. Well, it sure a long break for government servants. :D we settled for chilli’s and I usually got stuck up with either mushroom jack fajitas or anything with lamb.

On that beautiful day, one of the members ordered firecracker fish. Frankly speaking, I never fancy those, coz the name surely does not resembles flavours. Boleh gitu?

But she asked all of us to have a bite, and tell you, I was melted away. Heavenly nice!

So, I came home, and decided to give it a go. It’s more or less inspired by ‘ikan 3 rasa’. :P

Ingredients:-
Fish fillet
Shallots + garlic + ginger (pounded)
3 tbsp chilli sauce
3 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
½ cup water
Coriander leaves (finely chopped)

Method:-
1. Heat some oil.
2. Sautee the pounded ingredients till fragrant
3. Pour in the sauces, and keep on stirring.
4. Add in water, and cook till bubbly.
5. On a different pan, pan grilled the fish fillet.
6. Once cooked, pour the sauce over the fish. Sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves and serve warm with salad/whatever that you fancy.


No comments: